Sunday, November 8, 2009

Day 7 - And I'm Back

Today is Sunday.  The weekend really wasn't so bad.  For the most part I stuck to my no Dr. Pepper goal for the past week.  I say for the most part because Thursday, Friday and Saturday I struggled with headaches, not migraines, just good old fashioned throbbing headaches.  I thought it might've been caffeine withdrawal, but I really thing that should've kicked in on Wednesday, and not lasted for three days.  In any event, I did break down and have part of a 20 ounc Dr. Pepper.  I've already forgiven myself. 

However, I'm cutting back on Dr. Pepper because of the sugar, mostly.  I'm not too bothered by the caffeine, though I do recognize that in the long run, I'd be healthier without it.  But the good folks at Crystal Light have the answer to my prayers.  They have additives for your water that has caffeine.  I believe they have three different ones with graduated levels of caffeine.  So maybe it is not the best answer, but I believe I'll try them out to wean myself off the caffeine while still cutting out the sugar and other junk in Dr. Pepper.

So, my goal for this week is to walk thirty minutes on the treadmill at least 5 of the 7 days.  Wish me luck,

I'll be back to posting my food consumption tomorrow!

0 comments: